Wednesday 14 July 2010

WIPs - a little variety


After a hiatus, I'm now resolved to get my English and French armies to a position whereby I have all the key arms needed, in sufficient numbers, to have a small scale game. This will not prevent further longer term additions, such as Burgundian allies, but also mean that I can put them aside 'completed' with a clear mind, for when the next Perry WotR plastics arrive.

To get to this stage it looks like I need to do the following. For the English; a couple more longbow and dismounted men-at-arms bases, some command vignettes (inc Henry V), baggage & waggons and plenty more stakes.
For the French I have some completed Scots archers and men-at-arms to base up, several more men-at-arms bases, command groups and I want to have mounted coustillers as a second-rank to support the mounted French men-at-arms. If time permits some armed peasants/brigands would be useful, perhaps using a mix of designers (as the Perry ones appear to be permanently stuck on the workbench!).
So plenty to do.
Picture above is the starting point to fill in these gaps. Thought I'd see if I could get a little more variety by utilising plastic spares from the WotR's box. This range does not seem to lend itself to easy conversions, (the type that I can achieve!) but I'll keep thinking if there are others to do. The advancing longbowman pose came from a conversion that Oliver James has done on one of his figures, so credit goes to him.
These will be primed and then painted next month when I'm away on hols.



2 comments:

Fernando Darlington said...

Hello. Thank you for your blog. There's a lot of inspiration with your figures,they are very good painted.

BTW, I'm also building a HYW army and I've seen your arrows and you might sell some of them. How couild I contact you, please?.

Thank you very much again.

painterman said...

Fernan
thanks for the comments, happy to sort out some arrow castings - send me an email to simon.chick@tesco.net please.
Thanks.