Friday 25 March 2011

"..Send three and four pence"




Or in other words, some reinforcements - for the Anglo-Norman army that is.




I've used this week to get a couple more bases of troops done. These were not the planned output and indeed are not so critical as those I'd hoped to get done. However my best-laid plans had to be changed, as I'm still awaiting a Perry Miniatures order of a few weeks ago, partly as the new later medieval castings were delayed and as they were short on stock of the AO codes I need to finish both French men at arms bases and Scots & French command bases.

Pictured here are a couple more men at arms and some longbowmen skirmishing, the latter intended to cover the extremes of the English battles. Men at Arms are mix of Perry and Oliver James designed and home-cast figures, and are meant to represent some of the many Norman noblemen who fought within Bedford's army at Verneuil. The longbowmen are last of Oliver's collection based up, alongside Perry and Foundry figures, with a couple of plastic bows from the WotR box set replacing the cast-on weapons.

I've mounted the bases on clear plastic trays that I have - very nice pieces available from the Oshiro website - which I'm planning to put all the figures on for the Salute game, to create 100mmm frontages for them to be used with Impetus rules.















Hopefully the arrival of my order is imminent...


3 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

They look great...I really like the way you´ve set them up and the basing is top
Cheers
Paul

Christopher(aka Axebreaker) said...

Brilliant!

Cheers
Christopher

Sire Godefroy said...

Lovely idea to give the squire figure a buckler. And, of course, love the banner.
Excellently executed!

Cheers
SG