Sunday 21 August 2022

French Knights for Patay (IV)

 

So I made some progress over the earlier summer months, to add more bases of French knights for a future Patay game.

Here are some pics. They are pretty much all Perry plastics from the Agincourt range. Some conversions as previously mentioned, with putty-sculpted kastenbrust added - although when they were painted and based, you can hardly find them!









There are more planned, with a couple more leaders and known participants to be added.

I'm also considering making some vignette bases of fleeing and ridden-down English archers - although I guess Patay will be the only scenario I will use them in.

Simon


5 comments:

Duke of Baylen said...

These are terrific and show why this is a period I don't do - the heraldry looks impossible. I really like the basing arrangements with often a lesser armed figure in a supportive role. Its unusual to see this more linear type of basing rather than one with everyone in the same rank - it looks really effective and reminds me I have only done this once.
I appreciate you sharing these wonderful photos

Stephen

Ray Rousell said...

Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

Great work! Like the small alterations!

caveadsum1471 said...

Lovely finish, great looking knights!
Best Iain

Rulane10@gmail.com said...

I've just 'rediscovered' your blog. Still going? Beautiful work!