Monday 23 January 2012

New Scots figures


These images are already buzzing around the virtual wargames world, so I hope that Dave Imrie won't mind me sharing them here too. Dave and figure-painter Andrew Taylor have commissioned Paul Hicks to design these lovely medieval Scots - covering the 1388-1402 Anglo-Scottish wars. The range currently includes spear-armed figures for a schiltron, with others planned. The image I've nabbed here is the command pack - all the figures are full of movement and bags of character and look like they'll be great to paint (...I maybe one of the few people who've not yet painted a Paul Hick's designed figure I'm rather ashamed to admit ...now only a matter of time to resolve that!).

I certainly intend to press them into service, as their sons of the next generation of Scots, still fighting against the English (now in France), to bolster my HYW collection.

More info at the Saxon Dog website, which is very highly recommended, in case there is anyone out there who's yet failed to find it!

3 comments:

Stuart said...

Oh my goodness, these are very nice,you have got your ear to the ground ! they would also suit for flodden as poorer / less equipped troops.

moipasfou said...

Hello, I'm french. I would like, if it's possible for you, than we correspond about hundred years war. I have a projet about "la bataille de vaires" with Jeanne d'Arc and i need some help to choose my figurine (front rank , crusader or perry) could you help me ?
My blog
http://lesfigsdefrantz.blogspot.com/
Thank's

painterman said...

Hello Moipasfou,
Please email me with your questions about the HYW and I will try to help you out, as best as I can.
Regards
Simon,

simon.chick@tesco.net